Unless you have made sure that your Twitter account is set to private, you won’t have much control over who follows you and who doesn’t.
While officially there isn’t a way to get rid of people that you don’t want to be following your Twitter account, there are ways of rejecting them, like blocking them and then unblocking them again, which will remove them from your follower list without notifying them.
Let’s take a look at how to remove followers on your Twitter without making it obvious.
Using a Mobile Device
- Go to the Twitter app on your smartphone.
- Click on your profile picture, which is at the top left of the app. You will see a menu appear.
- Click on the ‘followers’ list, which will be above your ‘profile’ option. This will take you to your ‘followers’ list.
- Choose the follower that you wish to block. This will take you to their profile.
- Find the button with three dots going down vertically. Click on this.
- Click on the ‘block’ option. You will get a confirmation message on your screen.
- Click ‘block’ when prompted. This will block the Twitter user.
- Click the red ‘blocked’ option, which will be at the top right side of the screen.
- Click ‘yes’ in the pop up. Your follower should now be unblocked again, but they won’t be following your Twitter account.
Using Your Computer
- Find your Twitter page. If you aren’t logged in already, you’ll need to do so.
- Click the ‘profile’ option. This will be on the left hand side.
- Click the ‘followers’ option, which will be underneath your bio section.
- Choose the follower that you want to block. You will be redirected to their profile.
- Find the button with the three dots running horizontally. This should be to the left of the ‘follow’ button in their information box. A drop down menu will appear.
- Choose ‘block @username’ from the list of options.
- Click ‘block’ when prompted again. You will see the pop up ‘successfully blocked’ come up.
- Click on the ‘blocked’ button, and choose ‘unblocked’ from the pop up menu. Once you have done this, they will no longer be blocked from seeing your Twitter profile, but they won’t be following you anymore.